If you’ve ever admired the way tasteful landscape lighting illuminates the best features of a home and property as you drive past, you may have idly wondered if it’s worth the money. While aesthetic value can’t be overlooked, there are a number of benefits to professional landscape lighting. Beyond beauty, residential landscape lighting adds security, safety, utility and comfort. Let’s cover the benefits so you’re in the best position to decide whether professional landscaping lighting is worth the cost.
Benefits of Professional Landscape Lighting
- Outdoor landscape lighting improves ambience and creates a focal point. Large trees, water features or stunning architectural features on your property deserve a little recognition, and training lights on the elements turns them into focal points when the sun goes down. It adds a sense of drama that you’ll appreciate every time you come home.
- Outdoor landscape lighting increases curb appeal. But there’s a caveat—it needs to be done well. There’s an art to placing outdoor lights to maximize the effect, and the DIY kits sold in big box stores rarely do the trick. Professional lighting design combines basic design principles with quality lights to amplify the natural beauty of your property and make it stand out in the neighborhood.
- Outdoor landscape lighting increases safety and security. Lighting naturally helps deter unwelcome intruders of all kinds. Plus, it makes it safer for you or your guests to navigate your property when the sun goes down.
- Outdoor landscape lighting is beneficial all year round. Lighting adds beauty, security and comfort no matter what the weather’s doing, so it’s something you’ll appreciate any time of year.
- Outdoor landscape lighting boost property values. Professionally designed and installed outdoor lighting systems can boost resale value and offer a return on investment by as much as 59%.
- Outdoor landscape lighting can be environmentally friendly. With low-voltage and energy-efficient options, landscape lighting can be eco friendly. Ask us about it!
After investing money in your landscaping, don’t you want to show it off—even when the sun sets? As we move into autumn, our days are becoming shorter and darker, making this a great time to invest in outdoor landscape lighting. In Reno and Sparks, Harris Landscape Construction has offered exceptional landscape lighting services for years. Contact us today to learn more about adding lighting to your landscaping.